Solving Pre Algebra Problems Has Never Been Easier
If you are a math student on cruise control, you may find yourself running into a wall when you get to pre algebra. Pre algebra lessons can be challenging for any student, because they are markedly different from those found in earlier levels of math. You may not master the concepts right away, and you will likely need some extra practice along the way, but with the right approach, you will be able to solve any problem.
A step-by-step approach to solving pre algebra problems
If you find yourself struggling with a particular problem, here is a general procedure that you can follow in order to get the right answer in most cases.
• Understand what the question is asking - If you don't know what the question is asking, you are unlikely to find the correct answer. If the problem is confusing, try putting it in different terms. If it is a word problem, try translating it into an equation. If it is an equation, try writing out the problem in words. Some pre algebra problems just require some basic rephrasing in order to be understood.
• Review relevant materials - If you still don't know where to begin, try reviewing the most recent material you covered in class. The answer to the problem may be hiding in plain sight.
• Check your pre algebra answers - The beauty of pre algebra is that you can check your answers in most cases by plugging in the appropriate values. If you struggle to find the correct answers, you can check the answer key and see if you can work backwards.
• Seek outside help - If you still can't solve a problem, you may need to find some additional assistance.
Where to find pre algebra help
If you have exhausted your class materials, and you still can't find the answer to a particular problem, the internet may be able to assist you. Here are some of the online resources that may be able to provide you with a helping hand:
• Pre algebra solvers - Pre algebra problem solvers are online web applications that can solve a problem if you enter the appropriate parameters. If you need an answer quickly, these problem solvers are a dependable option. However, they may not be able to answer word problems. If you need to solve a word problem, you will likely need to transform the words into a mathematical expression before entering it into the problem solver.
• Pre algebra practice - There are a number of websites that offer practice problems of varying difficulty. Practice problems can help you reinforce your knowledge of important pre algebra concepts, while also offering an important problem comparison tool. If you are able to find a practice problem that is similar to the problem causing you to struggle on a homework assignment, you may benefit from seeing the same type of problem in a different light. The advantage of online practice problems is that they are accessible at all hours of the day, and they are graded instantly.
• Pre algebra tests - Sometimes the best way to learn how to solve problems is to simulate a high pressure situation. Sample tests are available online in formats that are ready to print. Alternatively, you can take the tests directly on the website offering them. In this case, you will have the results instantly.
• Online pre algebra courses - If you feel like you need to simply start over from scratch, there are a number of free courses that provide different lessons. Some courses require registration beforehand, while others allow you to jump in wherever you need specific help.
Online tutors can help you solve problems and prepare for pre algebra tests
If the resources listed above don't provide the level of assistance that you need, you can always hire an online tutor. You may find it difficult to imagine a tutoring session conducted over the internet, but technology has come a long way in recent years. Online tutors often work with virtual whiteboards and screencasts, which can help to reproduce an in-person experience. Video chat programs allow both the tutor and the student to see each other, and with programs like Skype, the audio and image quality are crystal clear, provided that the internet connection is adequate. When it comes time to solve pre algebra math problems, it's important that you and your tutor are able to easily communicate. Online tutors charge varying rates, depending on how much experience they have, and whether or not they work individually or with a larger tutoring company. In most cases, online tutors are far cheaper than in-person tutors, and they are also far more accessible.
Where to find pre algebra tutors online
There are two categories of pre algebra tutors available online. The first category is composed of freelance tutors who are working for themselves. You can solicit pre algebra help from freelance tutors on math message boards and chat rooms. Rates may be negotiable, and if you are able to strike a long-term deal, this could be an affordable option. One disadvantage with freelance tutors is that it can be difficult to verify their credentials. At the very least, you can search for their name on Google or another major search engine in order to see if former students have written a review.
The second category of online tutors is made up of instructors working for tutoring companies. In this case, tutoring sessions often cost a fixed rate. The rates are typically competitive with those of freelance tutors, and there is the added benefit that tutoring companies provide a certain level of quality assurance. If you find a reputable company, you can log on to their site and begin receiving pre algebra tutoring instantly. Whether you just need some pre algebra practice problems or you are looking for some in-depth instruction, these companies offer something for everyone.
If you find yourself stuck on a pre algebra problem, you should first review the question followed by any relevant classroom materials. If you are unable to check your answer, or your answer repeatedly comes up incorrect, you should look for outside help. The internet offers a variety of helpful resources, from problem solvers to general pre algebra practice. Finally, if you need one-on-one instruction in order to solve a pre algebra problem, you can always hire an online tutor, preferably one from a reputable tutoring company.