1. Where do the Schools locate?
All over UK. Please see attached for the map of the different cities in the UK, and see school descriptions on studyabroad.acadsoc.com.
2. Where is the best? To live? To study?
- Depending on student’s criteria.
- Living cost near London is more expensive, schools in the south is in general more expensive than the north of England.
- Study: smaller towns, away from big city (usually has a better focus for study).
3. How much does the whole thing cost approximately? And the rough breakdown?
中小學 ------ 私立學校學費每年約港幣28 – 35萬 (學費及食宿費) year 7-11
預科 ------ 私立學校學費每年約港幣30 – 35萬 (學費及食宿費) year 12-13
政府學院學費每年約港幣12 – 14萬 (學費及食宿費)
大學 ------ 每年約港幣12–15萬 (學費) +11萬 (食宿費)*London universities are more expensive.
4. What types of living accommodations are available?
5. Can I choose to stay at school hall rather than host family? What is the difference in living cost?
6. Can I choose my host family?
We will arrange according to your requirements and expectation.
7. Is it difficult to fit in?
The people you meet abroad will be just as curious about you and your culture as you are about them and theirs–which will give you plenty of opportunities to talk.
8. Is there any financial sponsorship?
Yes. Full, music and sport.
9. What should I prepare for study abroad program?
British Council information, acadsoc.com (discuss with ambassadors). Decide subject interest choice. Acadsoc SA will help you to prepare step by step.
10. Do I need to take any exam or test or interview?
Yes. Entrance test and skype (may be).
11. When would be the best time to apply?
Usually 1-2 years in advance. But not too early, because English level will be different.
12. What will be the best age?
i.e. before GCSE
13. Can I 插班? 7-9
Not in between GCSE (10-11) and A-levels (12-13).
14. Can I work there?
Usually less than 20 hours a month (need to check).
15. Can I visit other place in uk/ other countries during holidays?
16. Would it be easier if my siblings are here in uk/ or the school I want to enter?
17. Can I change subject?/ school?/ country?/accommodation?
18. Can I skip level?
19. Can my friend/ family visit me?
20. Where can I take the entrance test?
In any Acadsoc offices (HK, China, any other countries)
21. Can I not use an agent?
Yes, no need to use.
Benefits of using consultant.
22. Can I not use guardian?
No, must use. Unless over 18 years old- even some schools over 18 need to use.
23. Will there be scholarship?
Yes, Full, music, sport.
24. Can I start my career in uk afterwards?
To work in UK, need work visa, having an UK qualification, it is easier for UK employers to recognize.
25. Will the school plan the Extra curriculum activities for me or I can apply outside school?
Most schools have ECAs, in all independent schools, but some activities require additional payment.
26. Can I request placement?
For universities- yes.
27. Why should I choose to study in UK compared to USA, Canada or Australia?
UK: reputable education system, small class, all rounded education.